Thursday, March 12, 2020

Unicorn Dreams

As many people around world have, I too have a unicorn lover in the house.  She has been asking and asking for a unicorn quilt and I keep telling her that she already has a quilt, she doesn't need another... and on the sly I began to design a pattern.  Unfortunately, I did not realize that she can see my monitor from the reflection off a cabinet in the room so she as seen the design and is now begging for me to make it.    Unfortunately for her, I have a list of other quilts to make first... so she still has to wait.  That being said, I did finish the pattern.   I designed it as a small lap/crib quilt as well as a twin quilt.    I've always wanted to make a ribbon border and decided it was the perfect edge to turn the quilt into ultra sweet. 
I have this pattern for sale on etsy and if you'd like to make it for your favorite unicorn lover, check it out!
The unicorn is a pixel unicorn (what else would I design) and will come together very quickly!   The ribbon border is also very simple to do (I made one trial square), despite the complex look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment