Thursday, March 12, 2020

Joe Doctor

Designing Peanuts quilts is so fun, especially if it's Snoopy.  I'm not sure there's a trade the Joe Snoopy hasn't done at a some point.   Doctor (well, Surgeon in the strips), lawyer, author (he thinks), golfer, tennis player, jogger, elite skater- he's done it all and I still think his dog house is a Tardis.    That pattern might emerge some day.  I digress...
This quilt was on the back burner of my mind for some time.  My second pregnancy was a roller coaster with a very good end result.  I wanted to thank my midwife and also wanted to thank our pediatrician for the great care he's provided for our other child and thus I finally had the reason to sit down and design and make this.  (Trust me, I have more designs than I have time.  I just wish I could legally sell these Peanuts patterns, but I never hear back from the proper authorities...)
I made two of these and purchased enough fabric to make a third for my niece who is in nursing school.   After making two of these I was burned out and set the materials aside for the third... and now a year later I'm finally picking up the material again and it is all cut and waiting to be assembled! 
I also designed the image sans Woodstock, and thought about making this quilt without Woodstock, but decided it's just too cute of an element to the quilt to omit. 
What Peanuts design would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment