Friday, February 9, 2018

The Great Pumpkin

This too was another pattern that was in the works for about a year.   Last fall when JoAnn's clearanced their fall prints I picked up a pumpkin fabric planning to use it for a Great Pumpkin quilt.   Fast forward a year and I still had not used the print... and then found a fun Peanuts fall print to use instead. 
Last month I finally completed the pattern and stitched away.  I still used the pumpkin print but used it for the pumpkin portion of the quilt.
I also became adventurous and decided to try a new freehand stitch- leaves and acorns.   It took me a while to get the feel of the leaves but by the end they were starting to consistently turn out well.
Isn't this the sincerest quilt you've ever seen?
I actually intended to use a lighter green for the leaves but I had some scrap green from another project and decided to be good and use up some scrap rather than purchase more fabric.  Sometimes I'm good.  Yesterday I was not.  heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment