Friday, February 2, 2018

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

As some of you may recall I made a variation of this quilt a few years ago, but with that one I did the original colors as well as made the finished strip size two inches.
Since I've done that I've been itching for a reason to do a colorized version of the quilt and decided that my brother's upcoming baby would be the perfect recipient.  Now, he and his wife are being awesome in not finding out the gender (I am being serious; I like not knowing until the baby is born) so it did make it a little interesting in deciding on whether or not to do this quilt... I mean, Kirby is a boy... but he is pink... ya know... so... whatever!   I had a cool spacey, dreamy print on had that I felt was perfect for this quilt as well as felt as the deep purple did not make the quilt have a decidedly girly feel.  Now, I could have bought the fabric in blue, but I really am trying hard to just use the fabric that I have on hand so that I don't have nearly so much in my stash.
Now I have to wait for the gifting to reveal the quilt to them... but isn't it a beaut?
The finished size is 48x58 so a tad large for a tiny baby but large enough to be used all the way through adult years- plus it is the right size for a toddler bed! Sounds like a three win situation to me!
I would really like to colorize some more from the NES Kirby, but priorities. :(
Edited: Apparently I've never posted a photo on the blog about the other Sleep quilt.  I'll have to post about that one some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment