Friday, February 2, 2018

Strawberry Shortcake

This quilt was on my bucket list for quite a while.   I had found a vintage Strawberry Shortcake print at Hobby Lobby and purchased half a yard with the intent of making a SSC quilt for a friend.
Fast forward ten months and I sat down and began to draw the quilt in a graph.   It took quite a while to get the design to look enough like SSC that she would be recognizable.   I showed my husband the first few renditions and after hearing who it was supposed to be he would reply, "If you say so."  Discouraging, that's what.
Finally, I finished the pattern and then loaded it in the Sprite Quilter program my husband wrote and learned that I needed a yard of background fabric.  I went to Hobby Lobby to purchase another half yard of the SSC fabric but alas they were out. :(   I couldn't even find the fabric online.
I ended up finding a true vintage print on eBay and used that for the background and then created a strawberry block for the back. I had juuuuuust enough fabric for that!
You can purchase the pattern here or if you would like to custom order it contact me on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment