Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Boy Named Charlie Brown

My mother found this fabric and called me to see if I wanted it.  After hearing her description I told her, "Definitely!"   I could already see this one in my head!
I got a little crazy and decided to do a chevron border... which took about twice as long to make as good ol' Charlie.  Yeah, twice as long.  AHHH!   Maybe should have had my head examined when I thought it would look awesome.
However, it did turn out pretty cool and there is something else I must confess; the blocks were supposed to be a finished size of three inches and they ended up being a 2 and 5/8 finished size... so apparently my math needs a bit more work to get the size right.   That's what I get for trying to be conservative on the fabric usage and make the blocks the exact (ha ha) size instead of making them a bit larger than necessary and trimming them down. 
Math and I never have gotten along too well. 
I decided to be a bit modern with the back and made a chevron going across the back.  This chevron I made the intended size so I suppose I do sometimes learn from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment