Friday, April 24, 2020

The Tardis

The Tardis received a post many moons ago, but not its own post!   My niece loves Doctor Who and for her birthday her mother asked me if I thought I could make her a Tardis quilt.   I said, "Sure!" to her and "What have I gotten myself into?" to myself!    I couldn't find a pattern I liked.   I had no experience designing a pattern (at that point).  I hate math.  Math hates me.  What on earth could possibly go wrong?
After many headaches and frustration I designed the Tardis.  It's seen a few changes here and there... I think I have made it four times or so!     I do wish I were better at operating my quilt program as I'd love to play around with  the size of the Tardis so I could easily make it smaller, but whatever, it's bigger on the inside anyway, so why does it need to be large?
If you want to sew your own that pattern is for sale here or if you want to custom order one send me an e-mail.
The lettering has been tweaked a few times.  I used to piece it together... then I appliqued it together and then stitched the "Public Call" in the center...  the words on the door are printed via my printer.  I liked to stitch a wood grain onto the Tardis...


No comments:

Post a Comment