Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Christmas Time Is Here

Well, not it is not really here at the moment... but I have yet to come up with a pattern title for this quilt and I guess that would do nicely... sounds all Charlie Brown-ish.
This quilt was designed with a friend's husband in mind.  He lost his mother two years ago after a battle with cancer.   He and his wife have three small children and to keep his mother's memory alive for them he has continued the Christmas tradition of decorating the house at Christmastime with Snoopy items.   His mother loved Peanuts, especially Snoopy, and he loved to rib her about all her Snoopy junk but he secretly loved it when she would get it out every year.   
I decided to add to his Snoopy junk by creating a lap quilt for the family to share as they gaze at the Peanuts Christmas tree and remember all the fun his mother had collecting the ornaments and decorating her tree with them. 
I picked up the cloud fabric at a garage sale and thought it was absolutely perfect for the background!   I also had fun with the binding and fussy cut the strips to make the binding match the quilt pattern.  So fun to do!
I couldn't decide if I wanted to use a cozy minky fabric for the back or a licensed Peanuts print.  I went to JoAnn's armed with coupons and decided if I didn't see a licensed print that would work then I would go with a minky.   As I scoured the Peanuts prints I saw this and it was perfect- and not on sale either so I could use a 50% coupon! Awesome!  But apparently Christmas prints were on sale for 60% off and this rang up as a Christmas print- even better!    I have some extra fabric too so I may make some bow-ties for the boys and some scrunchies for the girls... and may have enough for a little skirt too... we'll see! 
Again, due to copyright reasons I cannot sell this pattern but I do take custom orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment