Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Mario and Zelda Coasters

Perler beads are so much fun and there are so many different things that one can create with them.  
I'd seen images of Mario and Zelda coaster sets and had to sit down to make some.   At the bottom of the post I included a few of the patterns that I created when making the coasters.
The perler beads are usually purchased at JoAnn fabrics with 50% or 60% coupons.   The beads are cheaper at Michael's, but Michael's doesn't allow more than one coupon a day and the Michael's that I haunt doesn't have very many colors.   Thankfully JoAnn's has tons of perler bead colors.
For the corkboard that I attach to the bottom of the coasters I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a roll adhesive cork.    I purchased the roll that is a foot wide as I can get three backings for each four inch cut.
The finished size of the coasters is roughly 4x4 inches and is a 20x20 perler bead square.







No comments:

Post a Comment